I found this recipe through Pinterest, but it’s home is right here on WordPress. I don’t claim to have created it, but it definitely needs to be shared!! Here’s the original recipe: http://thedoughwillriseagain.wordpress.com/2012/01/19/brown-sugar-oatmeal-coconut-chewies/
I love the idea that this cookie does not contain chocolate of any kind. I’ve been thinking that the recipes that I make for Scott have been a little bit on the ‘same’ side lately. I am very happy that these were slightly different.
What You Need:
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
And Here’s What You Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cream together butter and sugars until smooth.
2. Add one egg at a time, fully mixing together after each. Add the vanilla.
3. Add baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Put in about 1 1/4 cups of the flour, mixing until it is just incorporated. Add the remaining flour, mixing until just incorporated. Don’t overmix!
5. Add oats and coconut, mixing until they are just incorporated.
6. Roll dough into balls that are about 1″ in diameter.
7. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment, leaving about 2″ between each cookie. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then move them to a cooling rack.
These yummies didn’t have much of a aroma whilst baking. I’m not sure why they didn’t, but I won’t question the outcome! They were lovely and puffy when they first came out of the oven, then slowly sank into lovely, chewy disks of flavor. Scott ate a few mouthfuls, and proclaimed them to be “really good”.
I think this one is a keeper!