We were missing the cookies around here. Not that the brownies and bars weren’t delicious…not at all! But my Scotty loves his cookies, so to cookies we return!
Original recipe is here: http://insidebrucrewlife.com/2012/04/peanut-butter-pudding-cookies/
What You Need:
1. Cream together the butter, sugars, and peanut butter until fluffy.
2. While creaming the butter mixture together, mix together the flour, pudding, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Now that the butter mixture is fluffy, add in the eggs, vanilla, and honey. Now mix that all together and make it happy. Add the dry ingredients a little at a time, and be careful not to over-mix the dough. I stand pretty close by and shut off my mixer when I can no longer see flour in the bowl. It takes just a few seconds, so watch!
5. I probably should have mentioned that you preheat the oven to 350.
6. Drop by rounded spoonful onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool for 3-4 minutes on the sheet before transferring to a wire rack for cooling. Try to refrain from eating them long enough to get into an air tight container for storage.
What I Did
I omitted the banana chips all together. Not that I don’t like them and I didn’t have them on hand, but I just didn’t feel like adding them. Having tasted these, I can’t say that I would miss the banana.
I’m writing this out as dinner cooks, and Scott just passed by with one in his hand, blissfully munching away. He’s my quality control expert. He just wants to make sure that they are perfect. Before dinner. And probably after dinner too.
The pudding in the dough makes them super chewy and soft, very much like the cookies that you buy in a store (the soft bake ones that Pepperidge Farm does, or the ones made by the elves in the tree). I’m itching to try different flavors of pudding in other cookie recipes…this could be the start of something AMAZING!!!
Until Next Time,
Peace, Love, and Cupcakes!