There is no such thing as too much brownie. It should really come as no surprise when I say that I love brownies. Ok, who am I kidding, I love baked goods of any kind. This brownie is almost the end-all-beat-all brownie.
It has Oreos in the middle of them. ‘Nuff said.
I was trolling along in Pinterest one evening with Scott looking over my shoulder, when we came across this basic idea that we improved upon. It involves Oreos, peanut butter, and brownies.
Variations of this recipe can be found all over the internet, but this is our own!
What you need:
1 Box Brownie Mix
Eggs (for the brownie mix)
Oil (if the brownie mix calls for it)
Water (if the brownie mix calls for it)
1 package fudge-filled Oreos
1 package peanut butter Oreos
And Here is What You Do:
1. Mix together all ingredients for the brownies; set aside.
2. Line a standard muffin or cupcake tin with foil or paper liners. Place a spoonful of brownie batter in the bottom of each liner. It may take a little coaxing to get the batter to cover the bottom of the liner. That’s ok.
3. Open both packages of Oreos, and resist the temptation to eat the entire package while carefully peeling one of the chocolate cookies off of the fudge-filled Oreos and carefully sticking it to an intact peanut butter Oreo, thus creating a large Oreo with three cookies and two layers of filling. Place these cookies into the liners that you just put the brownie batter in.
4. Spoon the rest of the batter into the liners, being careful to cover the Oreos with batter as well. It’s ok to tap down the Oreos so they sit a little lower in the liner.
5. Bake according to the directions on the brownie package.
The first time we tried these, Scott was taking them to work. We stuck two whole Oreos together will peanut butter in the middle, and that is what is pictured below.
They turned out really well, but we made them again last week for a graduation party, and they turned out even better. Sticking the two whole Oreos might be a little less work, but putting them together the way that I describe here made them even more delicious!
These will definitely make the circuit of our regularly baked things. Scott takes stuff in to work on a pretty regular basis, so I can see these going through our kitchen quite often.
Until next time,
Peace, Love, and Cupcakes!