Risking sounding like a broken record, Scott and I played our weekly game of “What kind of cookie do you want this week?” His answer is always the same, and I usually end up making something that I want anyway. So, back to Pinterest for inspiration for something that he will like.
I’m hoping that the upcoming holidays will spark a wealth of new cookie recipes, because I seem to not be able to find anything that sparks my interest in cookie making. I hope that others have the same problem I do: I look at things that I have pinned and think to myself, “Why on earth would I pin something like that?”
Original Recipe Is Here: http://www.bakingandmistaking.com/2010/06/chocolate-peanut-butter-suprise-cookies.html
What You Need:
For the centers
¾ cup peanut butter
¾ cup powdered sugar
For the outer cookie
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened
¼ cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp baking soda
And Here’s What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the peanut butter and the powdered sugar. Form into balls slightly bigger than 1 tsp. It will make about 30 little balls. Place the peanut butter balls on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer (or a plate if you have a teeny freezer like I do.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients while they are in the freezer
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer, and mold the chocolate cookie dough along the outside of the ball until covered.
- Slightly flatten the cookies with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the tops just start to crack.
- Cool on a wire rack.
I gave one of the still pretty warm cookies to Scott to try, to which he said that he will tell me what it tasted like once it stopped being as hot as the surface of the sun. What a jokester. It wasn’t that hot. Mostly. Once they cooled completely, he tried another one. That prompted a response of “Those don’t suck”, which is Scotty speak for “Dang, those are pretty good!” At least I think he likes them. They keep disappearing when I look the other way…
These were supposed to be flattened with a sugar-dipped glass, but I thought that I would try them without. The cookies aren’t super sweet, which is a nice change for a peanut butter cookie.
Until Next Time,
Peace, Love, and Cupcakes
Update: So, I had this in the queue to post, just waiting to take pictures of the final result…until I came home from work to find them all gone! Sorry to say, no pics for this one, so hopefully you can use your imagination!